We have exciting news today: You can now get minute-by-minute updates of cryptocurrencies on CoinMarketCap! If you’re like us, you probably get up, reach for your phone, and look at the market. Now you can do that with data that updates even more often.
For the past five years, we have been updating data on the site in five-minute intervals. With this new change, we are giving you even faster, fresher data aggregated, calculated, and updated every minute.
Some good uses of this update, for example:
- You can now agree on prices for payment for services up to the minute. For example, you agree to a transaction at the 8AM EST rate for ETH — you can now do so without having to approximate to five minutes before or after that.
- You can use the ups and downs by the minute to better inform your choices with the crypto you hold, with our volume-weighted average algorithm doing the work and giving you the most accurate prices across all validated data from exchanges.
- You can use the minute-by-minute updates for any reports you may be writing on cryptocurrencies.
- You can observe price trends blow-by-blow and use them to draw better patterns as part of your portfolio analysis.
- You can now place bets on whether a crypto will go up or down in the next minute with a friend. (Just kidding — don’t do it!)
Whatever your use case is, we believe that this update will significantly improve it.
To make minute-by-minute updates possible, we upgraded and optimized our servers and code, so everything will be even more efficient going forward. We are constantly improving CoinMarketCap based on your feedback, so we look forward to hearing from you about how you use this new update.
One more thing, if you’re using our public API, it will realistically still take up to 5 minutes for the data to reflect (due to the caching work involved). Our paid API will have faster updates: If you haven’t already done so, please fill out our interest form to be notified of its release.
We have lots of updates coming soon, including a newsletter and more content for you to get to know us better. Follow us and hear from us firsthand.