Hey CoinMarketCap fam! Welcome back to another week’s edition of “What You Said”! Here you will see fun polls conducted for our community from the past week, and some of the interesting responses we received! This space is a great way for you to hear what your peers are thinking. 👂
Do also remember to subscribe to the CoinMarketCap daily newsletter. Join a 60,000-strong community members who receive the latest crypto news hot off the press, and participate in our daily entertaining polls! 😄
What You Said in Last Week’s Polls
Here are some interesting responses from last week’s polls 👀:
How much do you agree with this statement: “My belief in Bitcoin (BTC) hasn’t changed.”
– CoinMarketCap Daily Newsletter, 3/16/2020
The average response to the above question was 7.1
12.5% of you voted 1, and 43.8% of you voted 10.
Here are some ‘whys’ and ‘why nots’:
- “It changed, it got stronger. I believe this is the time for BTC to shine and dethrone cash as king. all signs pointing to it. (I’m no whale, I have nothing to gain) But we need to take it slow and spread education and adoption on large scale now! we need to all work together for it. the moon and the lambos are worthless if the system thats broken remains in place, a collective social changed can be achieved, if we work together, put our differences aside and grow the crypto holders and users. (Cash dirty, banks and stocks a ponzi, crypto is freedom) let us be free for a better world!” – I agree. This is a crucial time for BTC. It does have the chance to prove its usefulness and place in the currency sphere. All the measures the central bank and FED are taking to alleviate what’s going on in traditional markets might not be enough this time round, and so people might finally turn to alternative stores of value. 👀
- “Bitcoin and the cryptocoins are the future!” – I wish for a future where we all have the options to choose what whether we want to pay in cash, e-cash, crypto etc. It’s all about the freedom to choose. 🔮
- “I’m confident that the market will be back to normal, after the pandemic is over. “– Yeah, haters just don’t understand that all assets will be affected in a liquidity crunch. This is expected. Look at gold’s performance in this whole debacle 🤔
- “i believe in security and nothing says security like money, there’s no other money better than cryptocurrency…“ – In that case, you should be spending your crypto and do your part to bring us to mainstream adoption. The more you use your crypto, the more payment processors will be able to thrive. This will lead to more merchants accepting it too. 😁
On Twitter? Follow us here! ✨
How much do you agree with this statement: “I feel that this now is a good time to buy more crypto and load up my crypto bags.”
– CoinMarketCap Daily Newsletter, 3/19/2020
The average response to the above question was 7.5.
14.1% of you voted 1, and 44.9% of you voted 10.
Here’s why some of you think so:
- “Digital money is the future and crypto currency is also the future. borderless, private and secure. It will not be closed on nights, weekends and holidays. Next best thing to gold.” – Correction: better than gold. 😉
- “In terms of crypto investment, this is a fortunate opportunity -the moment to take advantage of low prices. The future will soon be upon us! ” – Load up yer bags! 💰
- “The crypto market just got hammered because people had to sell to cover their stock losses. Now you can get them at fire sale prices.” – Everything 50% off! 👍
- “I believe we’re still in for some rough times over the next few weeks, we’re not at the bottom yet.” – Possible. It makes sense to DCA in though. Practically impossible to time the bottom. 🔮
How much do you agree with this statement: “I like what the Steem community is doing with their hostile hard fork.”‘
– CoinMarketCap Daily Newsletter, 3/20/2020
The average response to the above question was 6.9.
6.2% of you voted 1, and 43.8% of you voted 10.
Here are some great responses:
- “Yes, I agree with the action they taking and it important, decentralize, keep the original ideas and sticking it to sun. This entire debacle has showed one thing and that is that people have power! I do however wish the full story will be made public, I believe CZ’s side, and not completely at same time. But Sun’s actions made me glad I sold all my trx and made me look at fundamentals in projects I buy again.” – It’s a great example in the power of the people, and that the community cannot be bought 💪 Great lesson!
- “Justin Sun is a typical Chinese little emperor. Not helping the crypto community, but damaging it with his egocentric monetary driven approach.” – Hahaha he has such a controversial reputation. But one thing I think we can all agree on, is that he is a marketing genius. 😄
Like what you see? For more daily polls, subscribe to the CoinMarketCap daily newsletter for a concise summary of daily crypto market performance and top news! 😄