It’s been a minute, CoinMarketCap-ers! Glad to see you back here again for another week’s edition of “What You Said“! Time to check out some interesting responses we received over the week from our polls! 👀
Before we begin, here’s a reminder to subscribe to the CoinMarketCap daily newsletter. Join a 60,000-strong community that receives the latest crypto news hot off the press, and get to participate in our daily entertaining polls! Your responses may even end up in the upcoming weekly “What You Said“. 😄
What You Said in Last Week’s Polls
Here are some interesting responses from last week’s polls 👀:
How much do you agree with this statement: “I am against the idea of Congress issuing the digital dollar”
– CoinMarketCap Daily Newsletter, 3/24/2020
The average response to the above question was 5.2.
39.4% of you voted ‘1’, and 42.4% of you voted ’10’.
Here are some ‘whys’ and ‘why nots’:
- “ever since i learned about crypto, any centralized institution offering crypto, to me is keeping the old system in power and that got to change…#blockchain everything #Blockchain Pantsula…”– Support the revolution! Pay more with crypto when you get the chance. 👍
- “As long as the fed and the US Gov’t tracks them via wallets, i can not and will not support this. Now if we can move the digital currency to other wallets not followed by the Gov’t and FED then I could be more encouraged. Devil is always in the details and need to see the details before support”– Yeah, the digital dollar would greatly reduce freedom if it is eventually made the only acceptable medium. Everything will be tracked, and it’ll give governments the control to essentially ‘delete’ a person. 🤔
- “A free-market requires competitive currencies or money that are not controlled by government or any other entity. Free people should be able to decide what they want to accept in trade for their labor, assets, or productivity.” – Yeah! It’s all about having options and the flexibility to choose! 👐
- “The sooner they do, they sooner and more likely the US cryptosphere will attain regulatory clarity. Certainty and clarity will go a long way to improve the current securities and taxation issues we are currently enduring.” – We definitely do need clarity around regulation in the space. 🤔
Are you on Twitter? Follow us here! ✨
How much do you agree with this statement: “I am also looking to add more gold to my portfolio”
– CoinMarketCap Daily Newsletter, 3/26/2020
The average response to the above question was 4.8.
32.4% of you voted ‘1’, and 14.7% of you voted ’10’.
Here are some interesting responses:
- “Not a chance, now’s the time for wise crypto investments.” – Well, I agree. But I think it’s also important not to put all your eggs in one basket. You can have both in your portfolio and simply have a higher % allocated to crypto. That’s what I would do (not financial advice) but I think having both and diversifying is important. ⚖️
- “I answered with a “9” but I would have answered with a “10” if you had asked about my wanting to add SILVER to my portfolio. Silver is much more undervalued than gold; and is a much better investment (insurance policy).“ – Looking at the historical price graph and considering Silver’s performance post 2008 (2008-2011), I’d have to agree with you there. 😄
- “Bitcoin is better” – Yeah one can argue that Bitcoin is a better gold than gold itself for a multitude of reasons. 💪
- “One can never have too much however I will choose to add to my crypto investments!” – Hahaha keep growing that bag! 💰
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being most interested), how interested are you in owning a crypto debit/ credit card
– CoinMarketCap Daily Newsletter, 3/27/2020
The average response to the above question was 7.7.
13.5% of you voted ‘1’, and 56.7% of you voted ’10’.
Here are some ‘whys’ and ‘why nots’:
- “Might be all we have left if they destroy the economy and the dollar.” – Lmao BRRRRR 😂
- “Today, a crypto card is not very clear and not very necessary, tomorrow is a real need and demand.” – I would argue we need it now. The more we spend with crypto, the more we drive up the demand for merchants to accept crypto, and for payment processors to offer cheaper rates due to competition.
- “I believe in a matter of 5-7 yrs. Cyrpto exchange’s will by pass conventional currency exchanges.” – Woah that is a bold statement to make. I doubt it, but I do hope it happens. 🙏🏻
- “I am never going to spend my investments. I also see no reason to buy bitcoin to buy a coffee while I have already have fiat. Unless if I het a discount.” – Think about it big picture. You hold BTC. You want mainstream adoption so BTC will appreciate in price. You can spend a little, do your part to help drive adoption, and see your investments appreciate. When you spend, you contribute to the demand for merchants to accept crypto, and for payment providers to offer services and eventually compete to drive down fees. 😉
Like what you see? For more daily polls, subscribe to the CoinMarketCap daily newsletter for a concise summary of daily crypto market performance and top news! 😄