It’s been a minute, CoinMarketCap family! Glad to see you here back again for another week’s edition of “What You Said“! 🤗 Time to dive right in and check out some interesting responses we’ve received over the week from our polls! 👀
Quick reminder! If you have yet to subscribe to the CoinMarketCap daily newsletter, what are ya waiting for! Join our 60,000-strong community that receives the latest crypto news hot off the press, and get to participate in our daily entertaining polls! Your responses may even end up in next week’s “What You Said.” 😄
What You Said in Last Week’s Polls
Here are some interesting responses from last week’s polls 👀:
How much do you agree with this statement: “I will always continue to support privacy coins”
– CoinMarketCap Daily Newsletter, 4/13/2020
The average response to the above question was 6.4.
23.3% of you voted “1,” and 36.7% of you voted ‘”10.”
Here are some interesting responses as to why:
- “It is the main advantage over fiat currencies.” – Well, cash is pretty private too if you think about it. 🤔
- “they will always play a role for the one that truly doesn’t want anything to do with the central entities…” – Hahaha true. To those who do support these coins, you should try as often as possible to spend them! The more you spend them, the more it drives up the demand to accept these forms of payment. 💪
- “I love privacy coins, As I’m a firm believer in my money, my business, as long as I bring no harm to others. And if governments want this fight with privacy coins, They will in fact only create a “bootleggers” paradise. According to recent article I read, most deep web markets use BTC and not privacy coins.“ – They use XMR too. You didn’t hear it from me 😜
- “Our Government and our fiat money have not proven to be trustworthy. Privacy coins are one way to maintain some anonymity that fiat offered.” – Everyone deserves their right to privacy. We should all strive to protect that! 😊
Are you on Twitter? Follow us here! ✨
How much do you agree with this statement: “I believe that the crypto space will tend towards being more top-heavy (only the top few coins will matter)”
– CoinMarketCap Daily Newsletter, 4/14/2020
The average response to the above question was 6.
15.6% of you voted “1,” and 21.9% of you voted “10.”
Here are some “whys” and “why nots”:
- “We can safely winnow out three quarters or more of the cryptos and have more quality as a group.“ – NGL kinda true. 😂
- “You never know with the trading markets,it can go so quickly up to down. It’s like a future..unpredictable.” – You can make educated guesses though, based on existing conditions. My guess is that we will tend towards that. 🤔
- “Microsoft, Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon do I need to say more” – Say no more 😂
- “Today, few coins matter. Too many scams, shitcoins and dubious projects. It will probably be same in the future : a few solid business models and projects surrounded by a myriad of doubtful stuffs. But it is what innovation is all about: high entry/exit rates, lots of mistakes and malinvestment. Markets must be efficient enough to pick the winners and crowd out the losers.” – Yeah, let nature run its course. It’s the best way to weed out the weak players. This space needs to be represented by our best.😄
On a scale of 1-10 (10 being most excited), how excited are you about BTC’s upcoming halvening event?
– CoinMarketCap Daily Newsletter, 4/17/2020
The average response to the above question was 7.4.
8.0% of you voted “1,” and 36.0% of you voted “10.”
Here are some “whys” and “why nots”:
- “It was at 10 before this Covid-19 world pandemic. However after cashing out half my position at a loss, I struggle to remain optimistic“ – Were you in need of the cash to settle debts? 🤔 Many people bought at the dip.
- “It’s a bit like Christmas. I’ve been looking at the calendar since the last halving, But I don’t know what’s under the tree! This COVID nonsense is knocking the world for a loop and really tempering my enthusiasm!” – Wow, you’re an old gun! Not many people can say they’ve seen the previous halving. 💪
- “i am super excited.. once in a four year event.. i will witness it first time (i am new).. i remember the segwit activation time.. can’t wait to see what this halving has in store for us.. i am sure super good times are ahead for Bitcoin & Blockchain.”– Gonna be my first halving event too! I’m gonna be watching it intensely! 😊
- “Quantitative Hardening in a time of severe quantitative easing, need I say more?” – Say no mo 🙊
Like what you see? For more daily polls, subscribe to the CoinMarketCap daily newsletter for a concise summary of daily crypto market performance and top news! 😄